Sunday, March 9, 2014

new things in my world post

Good day dear friends!

it has been a while since I last posted here. I have not been lazing around mind you. I have been busy busy busy! Let me fill you in on a few changes I've made.

The first is that I have moved into my mother's house with Jono. We moved in last august before I started school in september. Yes dears started school again. It has been a while since I was sitting in a classroom but I have now finished my first semester back and am halfway through my second. If I stay on the track I have planed and the school doesn't mess it up I will be graduating with my BA in the winter. Isn't that crazy? I still can't really believe how close it is. 
To stay on track I am taking 5 classes this semester as well as 5 in the fall. And still working at the daycare. And doing my homework. Have I gone crazy?! yes, yes I have. I am so happy to be back in school but the work load is intense. Much more writing as an anthro major then I did as a theater major for sure. But I find it all so interesting. Let my give you a little taste of my day. 


                                                          (My study space)
My day of classes in note form:
Education across cultures
    preschool in japan- not a lot of teacher enforced discipline. expect children to take care of their own problems without adult intervention. Used to instill the collectivism of their society and teaches the children to rely on each other and to know how to deal with each other. 

Human Growth and Development
      Epigenetics- the study of the way that genes are turned off and on. Events in a mother's life during the pregnancy can affect the child.-e.g. if a mother goes through a highly stressful event the child can be born with higher levels of stress hormones making it more susceptible to stress and anxiety disorders. 

Study period

Global Ethnography
     The trobrianders- Yams- used as a type of wealth only among the men and traded among the group between only men. Seen as extremely sexual objects and can not be given to a woman directly. Men are the only ones who grow yams. 


This is just a taste of what goes on in my little notebooks during the day. This is also just 3 of my classes and I have two others that I didn't mention. Overall I find them all very interesting. Thankfully since I have to put in a lot of work to get all the readings and essays done. 

Have a good day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment